Wednesday, January 2, 2019

What I am not allowed to buy...

Hello!

I realized that I have made many posts about my project for this year. They were explaining the reasons why I am embarking upon such a challenge, my goals and objectives and a list of my authorized expenses.

However, I have never spoke about what I cannot buy. Not really... perhaps I didn't want to think of it... but a blogger I follow made such a post and it made me realize that as long as this is not CLEAR, I could justify it somehow... or cheat!

So here's a list of what I cannot buy...

1) clothes - I have way more than enough. I could only replace an item if it breaks and nothing else I own will do... but I will have to wait 30 days to see if I really really cannot do without! This includes jewelry and footwear.
2) Books - although I didn't buy any for 2 years, I could see a trend coming back end of last year...
3) Decorative items
4) Mugs
5) Furniture
6) Candles - only replace the one that burns off
7) Notebooks - only allowed buying 1 which I wanted to buy back in December but could not find one I like on special as it was close to Christmas. This is for a special project. Aside from that, only replace existing ones when they get filled. I am getting really good at not having a collection of unused notebooks and I want it to stay that way...
8) Stationary - except for replacing pens if need be. But I really should have more than enough!
9) Towels, sheets, blanket
10) Restaurants - only for special occasion
11) Coffee shop - I have decreased my budget to 200$ per month... from 250$. And at 250$ it had already been decreased from 400$ this time last year when we decided I would stop working
12) No Internet between, at least, beginning of May to end of August. This will, decrease my time spent on line a lot...

This should cover it...

It is basically following the one-in-one-out rule.
Quite simple in writing... but my brain is really good at making twists and turns on rules!

I have learned over the last few years that, when I "need" to spend money, I usually go for clothes first... but if I cannot buy clothes, as when I am attempting a shopping ban on clothes, I can go for any of the items in the above list with no shame or regrets.

I really want to save money and go on more experiences.
I have to stop shopping.

"I can make myself rich by making my wants few."
Henry David Thoreau

If you liked what you read, please share...

Chloe 💜&✌


No comments:

Post a Comment