Sunday, January 6, 2019

I did it!



OK...  I promise this will be the last post on clothes for a while...  until spring!

Up next, later this week, there will be a "What makes my world go round" and one about why I chose to declutter right at the same time I started a shopping ban.

More clothes donated or stored

Meanwhile, I have to share with you that I did MORE work on my closet...  it was still driving me CRAZY!  Even if I have been at it since the end of November. I have first donated roughly 20 items - you can read about it here and anything I had put aside then is now gone too, then, I have let go of 20 more items and this week end another 8. To be honest, the last 8 is still in my home...  I have boxed them up and if at the end of the year I did not go back, I will just donate them without rethinking it. The idea of keeping them is for a safety net...  just in case I panic!!!  It would avoid me going shopping and I could shop in my closet... plus they are made of fabrics I really like so perhaps I could repurpose them eventually...

Also, someone suggested that I look at this per season for now...  having 4 very distinct and different seasons makes is a little bit of a challenge (or overwhelming) to dress with less pieces and can feel as an excuse for someone like me!   By breaking it into season, I can see what I wear this winter - until the end of March, then I will re-assess - for slowly turning into spring weather.

My winter closet

I am happy to tell you that what you see in the above (of really poor quality) picture is what I will wear this winter.  There are 26 items there.  There are also 2 scarves that I knitted and use as accessories not shown and my outdoor wear and 7 items for outdoor wear. Grand total of 35 items!

Essentially, this is what my winter wardrobe consist of right now:

3 jeans
2 skirts
1 corduroy pant
1 dress
3 t-shirts
6 long sleeve t-shirts
4 flannel shirts - to be honest, I wear those more on all other seasons... but kept them as winter items
3 warm sweaters
3 cardigans
2 hand knitted scarves used as accessories

outdoor wear:

1 winter jacket
2 scarves
2 hats
1 pair of mitten
1 pair of winter boots

(we have "funny" winter here and on some occasions, I may need to wear my fall jacket and hiking boots as winter jacket and winter boots may be too warm but as a general rule, 90% of the times, winter jacket and boots it is)

if you ask about jewelry, I basically wear the same 3 earrings (not pairs, really 3 earrings) and 2 rings over and over again...

I have a quite simple life and my wardrobe reflects my activities and who I am 100% right now.

Do you have any questions for me?

Did you give yourself a challenge this year?  What is/are your biggest struggles?

Have you gone through your wardrobe recently? Did you downsize it?  Were you surprise of what was in it? How did you proceed?

If you like what you read, please share...

Chloe 💜&✌






No comments:

Post a Comment