Saturday, October 27, 2018

No $pend November


As you might already know, on Sept 18th I started a 3 months clothes shopping ban... which I changed into a year long one on Oct 11th. Therefore, no clothes shopping for me until Oct 10th 2019. You can scroll and see those posts if you want to...

Today, I set myself to go out to the fabric store to buy fabric to make bread bags and turn some old pillows into smaller cushions... I was really exited about it but as soon as I paid (it was less then 40$) and got off the store I felt bad... I felt like I didn't really need that right away and I could have waited and put that 40$ towards our project! Of course, you can't return fabric... so I walked back home with a bitter feeling and promised myself I would not do that again and make the best use out of all the fabric! 

Got home, opened my Instagram and the first thing I see is a "No $pend November" challenge. I thought it was a sign... I mean, spending just 40$ used to be nothing for me... not even worth mentioning! I am definitely onto something I should look into and perhaps challenge...

Plus, November, although is my birthday, is NOT my favorite month... and there will be only 2 of us until the 26th so it makes it easier. Right?

I will try this.

I have noted down my expenditures for each day of the month. I also lowered by budget by 20% when it comes to groceries  (food and toiletries) and  40% for Starbucks.
There will be no eating out - except for my birthday.
I will write down everything I spent that is not precisely budgeted ( like mailing something or emergency repair or replacement of something...)

It will give me a month to see how I feel being really frugal.
I think, at this point in my life, I have 2 big projects that are worth a lot to me and could send me into that "really cheap ass" category of people! 😉

Also, it will save me some Christmas shopping... every time November shows up, I get exited with the Christmas vibe... buy gifts... and then buy more in December! That time of the year is one if my weakness when it comes to spending... Which means I overspend... By having to wait until December 1st to do my Christmas shopping and having practice not buying for a month, I think it will change my perspective on that season... I HOPE!

Who is joining me?
Why do you need or want to try this?
Motivation always helps!!!
So does being a group...

Chloe  💜&✌


No comments:

Post a Comment