Sunday, December 23, 2018

Monthly challenges for 2019


As you may already know, I have quite an objective in 2019:

Getting closer to the life I want to live and leave behind old habits and conditioning that hold me back!

It won't be easy.

They say that you should do more of what you love and more off it will manifest itself in your life!

It did work when I wanted to quit working (although it took 5 years)...

I will try it again. Maybe I get it faster this time around.

So, for this year, I came up with monthly challenges that will "force" me into adopting new habits and a slightly more appropriate lifestyle as per my wishes.

But first, a reminder of my objectives:

Get to a point where my life is one of wandering - no fixed address and I am finally free of my dependence on "clothes" and shopping. A life filled with nature, yoga, meditation, reading, writing and traveling. Meeting new people, more like minded people, and sharing my experiences.

Here are my challenges, with a brief explanation

January

Knit at least 4 baby blankets and 4 mason jar sleeves for my friend's fundraiser - for a while I had been looking for a trust worthy cause... this is perfect!

February

Read a minimum of 8 books, cover to cover, in a month. Doable but with a 28 days month, I will have to be disciplined!

March

Walk a minimum of 45 minutes per day, EVERY DAY, no matter what the weather is like! March can be warm, cool, extremely cold, rainy, snowy... anything! This will push me out of my comfort zone to have nice walks on nice days... I dread this challenge very much! I will take a picture of the same spot every single day.

April

Do 30 minutes of flexibility exercises per day... to get me ready for hiking/camping season, to get me ready for the meditation challenge and mostly because they say that when your body opens up, so does your mind! Let's do this!

May

Meditate 15 minutes morning AND night, every day. I already do 15 minutes, 4-5 days a week... let's push this!!! Interested to see what it can do to my conditioning, habits and life perception... as well as overall well-being. I am hoping this will stick!

June

Save 1$ as per the date - i.e. 1$ on the 1st, 2$ on the 2nd, ... 10$ on the 10th... this will add up to 465$ saved for a camping trip or my vacation week later in the fall.

July

No television. Nothing to add. I experiment with this regularly and it is always very interesting. When we will be wandering, we are not planning on having a television or Internet in our home on wheels... Great practice.

August

Similar to May but increase length to 30 minutes morning AND night. Reason of pushing it further still... that would be for me the ideal meditation practice to keep for a lifetime.

September

Do yoga every day for at least 30 min - that would be on top of my meditation practice created in May and August. This too, hope will stick.  I would end up with nice morning and evening spirituality practises.

October

Write a blog post a day every single day. No excuses. It can be creative, silly, not like what I usually do, long, short... but it has to be meaningful!!! Not just words... Wanting to push the writer in me!

November

Work on my 6th sense or intuition level. I want to work on this as a result of a few books I read this year which all point toward the fact that the best decisions you can make happens in a split second - before rationality sets in. I need a better decision making skill - less in my head and more out of my gut!

December

Ultimate decluttering - after almost a year of not buying and making do with what we have, what is now useless in my home has to go! I am hoping I can find one item per day.


And last, but not least, we will, this year again, go on an Internet fast from beginning of May to the end of August - as a minimum.  Depending on circumstances, we might extend it further.

Conclusion

I sincerely hope these will bring me closer to my dream life. I am not very far from it but there are still a few, deeply rooted, attachments to our over consumerism society which I wish to part with... the challenges are aimed in that directions and combined with my authorized expenses , which also direct money towards what I love instead of what I am conditionned, I have great hope that this will be a huge year of change for my husband and I.

Any thoughts? Please speak up...

If you liked what you read, please share

Chloe  💜&✌





No comments:

Post a Comment