Wednesday, December 26, 2018

List of books read in December

Hello!

I hardly ever do that... perhaps because I am unsure you guys actually care about the wide diversity of books I read... mostly because, in no way, am I a literary critic...

But I thought that at this time of year, when people are looking for goals and objective for the new year, it might be interesting to share what I read in December... with a little line or two on what it's about and my liking or not of it...

1)  The four agreements  (Ruiz)

About a nicer, more peaceful way to live... nothing new for me but a great reminder of the basics rules of the Universe and how to apply them in my life...

2) Blink (Gladwell)

How we make great decisions in a split second... and proceed to change them with logic afterward... my inspiration for my November monthly challenge. 

3) Just cool it ( Suzuki)

About the very real environmental crisis and what you and I can do in our daily lives to help. There are also solutions proposed for industries and "big shot" people but I just read those diagonally... I was mostly looking into what I could do. Loved it. Hands on and realistic.

4) Nous etions jeunes encore. (Archambault)

Novel. Interesting but nothing out of the ordinary.

5) Because we say so. (Chomsky)

Very interesting social read. Made me think further more about my actions in society and my conditioning. Allowing me to put things in perspective and think over some of my acts and made me want to come up with this early challenge.

6) Ta deuxieme vie commence quand tu comprends que tu n'en as qu'une (Giordano)


Novel from an author I just recently discovered. I ADORE her!!! With a background in psychology her life coaching stuff is very interesting and precisely on the dot! Almost feel like individual therapy with a touch if humor!

7) Conversation on the edge of the apocalypse (Chomsky, Carlin, Chopra, Ram Dass)

Scientific discussions about our society, life after death and possible future of human species. Eye opener... hope giving... quite an interesting, yet not easy read.

8) Oui, mais quelle est la question? (Pivot)

Loved, loved, loved it! Just felt, in many chapters, as if he was reading my brain... hope I could meet this I guy!

9) the year of less  (Flanders)

Still reading... it will follow me for my yearly challenge in 2019. Her battles and honesty will help me resolve my issues...

10) L'aine  (Paolini)

Sequel to Eragon which I read cover to cover in no time... love story of "other worlds"  which always feel so very true to me... Narnia, Never-ending story, Alice in Wonderland... almost feels like going home... 😉
Just started but it will be a great end to my year and a lovely start to 2019!

Any books you loved and would suggest I read in the coming year? I am always open to suggestions...

If you liked what you read, please share! ⛄

Chloe 💜&✌






No comments:

Post a Comment