Saturday, September 15, 2018

My fall wardrobe - part 1


Hello dear readers!

As summer slowly turns into fall, I want to present to you my fall wardrobe.

But first, let's go back to a short history of my clothes...

I am a reformed shopaholic.
I may have cured my need for shopping endlessly for in-style-at-the-moment clothes that I may or may not wear (sometimes not even once) but in no way have I stopped loving clothes and style!

On the good side, my love/addiction to shopping,  along with my many shopping bans have allowed me to develop a personal style rather than fall victim to fashion that changes all the time and is impossible to keep up with. A unique way to combine clothes: in fashion or not, old and new, thrift stores with brand names... and some hand me down. It did more than creating debt. Fortunately.

Fast forward to today. I have no more debt. I pay clothes cash. I do more thrift store shopping. I mostly buy new items when they are on sale. I do fair trade every chance I get.

But I won't get my wardrobe to less than what it is today.
I refuse to.
I tried.
I once had it down to as lown as 27 items for a season.
I was miserable.
No creativity possible.
Always the same.
Boring.

You see, to me clothes are  a way to express myself, to show who I am, to let out my inner creativity.
I need it.
To me, it is essential.

As an essentialist, I have determine that clothes will stay.
I chose them over a bigger apartment, a car, expensive furniture, artist material, books, CDs, cable TV, plenty of dishes, extra cookware and even food!

It is my choice, it represents who I am and I am happy with it.

So here are the items in my fall wardrobe:

(some of those items are carrying from summer over to fall and others will go well into winter. I do not have many one season only items. It is one of my criteria when I shop that an item can be worn for ideally 3 seasons!)

8 t-shirts
7 sleeveless tops
3 short sleeves tops
10 long sleeves tops
4 flannel shirt
2 dresses
3 skirts
5 shorts/Capri
4 jeans
1 kaki  pants
7 cardigans
Scarves
2 pairs of mid-calf boots
2 pairs of Birkenstock 

There it is. My wardrobe. It may seem excessive to some but not me.

And this is what is great with essentialism: it is not about number, or less simply for the sake of less, it is about choice, about what is essential to YOUR happiness.

What is essential to you?
What would you sacrifice to have more of something else?

Chloe  💜&✌


No comments:

Post a Comment