Tuesday, November 24, 2015

couple of days left....




I am a couple of days short of my 367 days long shopping ban!

I am still not freaking out and pretty confident I can do that this time around. Unlike the first year I tried it and lasted 6 months...

I would like to add to my "rules" that if I ever replace something that broke.... or have a weak moment and actually buy something, I will, for the sake of transparency share with you what it is, where I got it and how much I paid for it... and add a picture.... unless it is underwear... in which case I will skip the picture as this would just be "weird"!   After all, I do get to see some of my readers on a regular basis...

And if I do "fail" once, I am not off-the-hook!  I still am into this for 367 days!  Last time around, once I failed, I went back to my old habit...  not this time!

My main concern, or what I think my weakness will be is if I do get to see stuff I like, and by stuff I mean clothes, as I can pretty much resist anything else, I know I tend to make myself believe that "it is really my style", "it was made for me", "what if next year there is nothing I like"...  "it's a really good price", "but it's on sale"... and all that bullshit!  Years of shopping addiction can make you come up with the silliest excuse to buy something you do not need!  Then I might give in and buy something...

What should help me is "The true cost movie" and all the documentaries I have seen in general...
I should remember why I do that:

I am trying to find more sustainable solutions... I am trying to lower my impact on the environment AND on the poor people working in horrible condition so that we can enjoy cheap/throw-away stuff here in America.

I like to think that if I can remember why... it will be easier!

I am ready!
I can do this!

Be who you are... DREAM your life... LIVE your dream...
namaste
love&peace,
chloe
xox
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
https://www.pinterest.com/briseboisnathal/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment