Friday, September 27, 2013

Let go...


As this picture taken today is showing us...  it's time to let go... of summer! Fall is here... definitely... as can be sensed by the shorter days... cooler nights... warmer clothes...  and tree leaves changing color... and falling... now this happens over and over again... at the beginning of each new season, we have to let go of the previous one.... each season has it's pro's and con's... each season is lovely in it's own way.... and brings you something different...

Why am I talking about the seasons?  you guys all know that they come and go... I know...  hang in there...  you'll find out...

I have come to realise that no matter how much I learn to let go of the seasons.... or of my "stuff" or "material possessions"...  I can't let go of people...  and I am not talking about people who are no longer in their body's... or on this planet...  but people that come in and out of your life...  I am not talking about each and every person I met in my lifetime... of course not.... THAT would be silly...  I am talking about people that were once meaningful to me and my life... for many different reasons... they could have been there for a reason... or a season.... or many seasons...  but they had an impact in my life... either by the role they played or the proximity they had... but as all good things come to an end, and because you can't really keep everyone in you life for ever, people part ways...  they grow, evolve, have new needs, new objectives, new jobs, move....  all or part of that may increase the distance... physically and otherwise too.... so at one point, one relationship that was very significant, no longer is... and people part ways...  and move on... and that's OK!

Now I can "easily" part ways with someone for good reasons...  I understand that principle...  but if I care deeply for that person, I can't "let go" of them... I can't just forget (not saying that you should forget about them - forget meaning more like not think about them so often).... and I kind of still want to know what they are up to...  of course not on as a regular basis as before but I like to get the big picture.. and make sure they are happy and well...  and if not I find the need to fly to their rescue...  but I can't... and I shouldn't...  I know...

So I need to figure this one out... I do not have the answer today...  and do not know when I will have it...  How can you "forget" about someone who shared your life... who was a close friend... who knows everything about you... and you knew everything about them.... how can you not be curious as to how they are doing...  I do not know...  I hope I will find out soon because I feel like my closet is getting full of phantoms.... and it's taking room... room I would use for new people in my life (not that I actually put anyone in my closet! lol)... 

And this is the link to the "seasons" paragraph...

If I could not let go of summer... and hang on to my summer clothes... activities...  schedule....  how could I enjoy my fall clothes, activities and schedule???
If I can't let go of my "old" people, how can I fully appreciate the new ones???  How do I make room for them??? How can I concentrate on the beautiful things new people have to offer me if I am mentally stuck hanging on to the old stuff?

How do you deal with this type of things?  is it easier to let go of stuff or people? how do you move on when you part ways with someone?

Please let me know... it might help me....  find my own answers...

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

No comments:

Post a Comment