Friday, September 13, 2013

Not buying anything for 60 days!


I think I may be needing another challenge...  about my shopping... 

When I first started this blog in January 2011, I was starting to write about my experience of not buying anything non-essential for 1 year...  I went from a crazy shopaholic to not buying anything overnight....  it worked... for 6 months.... then I gave in... 

Overtime, I came to realize as I said before that sharp cut offs do not work with me...  I need to ease into things...

So over the remaining of 2011 (after my crazy shopping spree of July), 2012 and 2013 I have been working on my spending habits...  I am getting better but honestly I do make "mistakes" or "fall off the wagon" once in a while...

However, in the spirit of Ahimsa (non-violence), I cannot punish myself for those... but I acknowledge and move on.... learning a lesson from it... every time... I have refined my understanding of what makes me shop and I am trying to stay away from it! 

I think I am ready for another shopping break altogether...  so as of today, I am not going to buy anything not-essential for 60 days!  So basically until November 13th!!!

Of course groceries are allowed.... food is an essential....
But every time I say that, I come across the famous question:  "what about your Starbucks?" "what about your vegan restaurants?"
Well to that I must say that they are staying...  because honestly I go to restaurants less and less and Starbucks too... plus they are a hobby for me... like someone else would go to the movie, museum... and whenever I eat out, I spend less on groceries...  seriously... so all in all, it doesn't really increase my spending!

But besides food, I would say that anything else is non-essential except for 2 items that I need...  One rain coat and one pair of laced-up mid ankle boots.  However, both will have to be a great deal and a lasting item...  No impulse buy....  I will have to shop... try on.. think... look for a better deal and THEN I can get it!

Aside from that, I should not be buying anything... I really do not need anything!!! 
Unless something breaks....  Which I seriously do not think so because I take really good care of my stuff!

I am also committing to writing the cost and taking a picture of every item I buy if I do... and will report to you guys...

Who's on board?
Who's following me?

you can let me know here or on Facebook... 

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

No comments:

Post a Comment