Thursday, April 10, 2014

Vegan Thursday



Thursday is going to be my vegan writing day from now on... after all I am Minimalist Vegan Nath!

I am not here to brain wash anyone nor tell you  you're wrong or bad for eating meat...  this is not like me!  However, I wish to share with you my experiment in becoming vegetarian years ago and gradually vegan! How my health improved and what I learned to cook. I am also here to answer any specific questions you guys may have... I am a self taught nutritionist! I am here to open your horizon.  After all, we all like to try new food right?  Whether it's Mexican, Moroccan, Portuguese, Russian, African....  why not try vegan stuff???  What have you got to loose???

I have been vegan for a little over a year but never wrote much about it here... because I could not find my "voice" to do it.  I didn't know how to approach it without sounding like an extremist or a crazy person.  As vegan, we often get this label affixed to us. I did do a few post about my conviction on nutrition but I wish to step up to be true to myself and my vegan readers.

In today's post, I wish to address one common misconception there is against vegans:  we do not eat only grass, lettuce and fruits!  Actually, we eat just like you guys!  ANYTHING can be veganized!

As a proof, I will invite you to look at my post here and try this  vegan alfredo sauce recipe.  It can also be turned into a carbonara sauce! It is just delicious!!!

Yes we can make sandwiches, burgers, hot dogs, sausage...  we can have "meat" tacos... and even pepperoni pizza!

I also want to share with you all the other non-regular stuff that we do eat.  That might put you out of your comfort zone.  It's always good to step out of our comfort zone!

I am inviting you, if you are in the Montreal area, to go and try a pastry or a meal at Sophie Sucree .  It is own b y a friend of mine and she is amazing.  My supper tonight is actually a BLT sandwich that comes from her place. Bacon is made with coconut believe it or not!   See, we do eat normal stuff!!! She has all kinds of cupcakes, pecan pie, brownies, chocolate...   

Is there anything you would like me to address in future post about vegetarianism or veganism nutrition wise?   Anything that worries  you health wise? Do you want me to share recipes?
If there is anything you wish to know/or ask but not as a comment to this post, you can write it here.  Only me will get to see it.

In any case, you can check out my eBook here.  It was launched 2 weeks ago and it is selling well.  You'll find nutritional facts about veganism as well as recipes and tricks to make it easy and inexpensive!

thanks for reading!  and sharing!

love&peace,
nath
xox

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786


No comments:

Post a Comment