Friday, January 31, 2014

Things to let go of...


In the above picture you can see Ganesh... the Deity of obstacles in Hindu religion... Ganesh is believe to be responsible for putting obstacles on your path when you need them but also to take away the obstacles you do not need...  amongst other things....  To get more info on Ganesh you can look it up in Wikipedia... or many yoga books...  I chose this picture today because I felt it went well with my text...  in the sense that sometimes obstacles are not placed by Ganesh in our lives... but by ourselves... and we need to let go of certain way of doing or seeing things to move forward...

Earlier this week I read a post by Marc&Angel Hack Life that you can read here. It was about 50 things you need to let go of before your next birthday...  Now my birthday is in November so technically I would have time to address all 50 items...  but quite frankly some do not apply... and some I am just not ready to attempt resolving...  but I chose 10, that I am committing today to work on... and I will get back to you by my birthday about how it went... and probably a few times in between now and then...

1. Let go of what isn't helping my soul to smile and grow.  Basically anything that makes me sad is out...  if I am not smiling, I am not growing... if I am not growing I am dying...

2. Let go of the baggage I know I need to leave behind.  Yes it can be stuff... but I am not too bad at letting stuff behind...  I should be pretty much OK with that by June... But it can also be memories...  souvenirs...  good ones and bad ones...  I am not saying forget about them completely... but maybe not think about them so often.... I have one or two souvenirs, rather painful, that I keep going over and over about... It's time I stop that!

3. Let go of worrying about everyone else's opinion on my life. Quite frankly, why do I care so much about what other's think?  Why do I need their approval so much?  Especially when I know I won't have it....  It's my life... I am old enough to make my own choices... and as long as my  son and husband are on board, everything is fine!

4. Let go of thinking there is a perfect time. There never was a perfect time.  There never will be.  Time is as perfect now as it will ever get!  Stop using that excuse to stay still and not move forward...

5. Let go of the need to always feel comfortable. Ah.... comfort... so comfortable...  but the number one excuse I make not to try something new... I do not know many people who like to be out of their comfort zone... but the few ones I do know are people I really admire... they are living their dreams... they are going after what they want...  what they were meant to be...  and this is what I want for myself!!! Comfort really is just another sorry excuse to not move forward!

6. Let go of wanting stuff I don't need.  This goes for material stuff... like clothes for example....  but it also goes for other stuff... like a raise, a promotion... a better place to live...  a bigger vacation...  why do we (and this time I say "we" because most of us are affected by this) always want more...  it is believed that the richer people are not those who have more but those who want less...  I am going to work hard on this...  most days I am good...  but as soon as I get out of my comfort zone, my mind tricks me into thinking that I want something and I'd better get back to what I know to get it faster... Faster is most often not better! And really, when you're honest with yourself, what do we REALLY need in life???

7. Let go of trying to change others.  Now this may sound weird coming from me... because after all, I really do hope that all I write about help people change... or should I say become better versions of themselves...  but how #7 particularly affects me is by the fact I write because  like it... because I need it.... and because I feel like I can help others.... I should not be attached to the results... I should not be attached to the number  of person I am changing....  I should just concentrate on what I like to do, that is write and share, and do it better and better...
 
8. Let go of one sided relationship.  You should never have to beg for attention... if I constantly have to be the one calling or reaching out...  this is not a relationship...  and it is just draining all my energy...  it has to be ended...

9. Let go of the things people say about me.  It really doesn't matter what people say...  if they're saying nice things...  good...it's positive energy coming my way!  But if they're saying not so nice things, it's belongs to them... it's creating negative energy around them... this is the thing with thoughts and words...  negative ones affect the person emitting it...  whereas positive ones affects everyone... why should I care? Why should I let negative people affect me?  I have not right to do that to myself...

10. Let go of the idea that it's to late to start over.  As human beings, we like to create boundaries around us...  I am no different... and another great excuse to not try something new is age...  How often have I heard that such and such are too old to do that... to old to go there... to old to think this way...  REALLY?  who decides who is to old and at what age?  why do we have to be so set into age...  age is a number...  it's not a feeling... only I know if I am to old for something or not...  If I feel like doing it, trying it... why not??? As long as you're alive, you're not too old... Compare to the bigger scheme of things, we are here for a really short time... why not make the most out of it???

Now choosing those 10 items was really easy... because I know my strength and weaknesses... but working on them won't be as easy...  but I am really dedicated to do it!   And I will...

Does any of those 10 items or of the 40 others in the original post by Marc&Angel appeal to you?

love&peace,
nath
xox

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786

No comments:

Post a Comment