Monday, January 28, 2013

What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

I came across this question years ago....  and the answer was very long...  I had a long wish of desire... and I was suggested (by a wise one) to look at that list and analyze every item on it...
one by one - deeply
to see why they were there...
each and everyone of them...

only to realize the following (after months of thinking and meditating):

1) most items were there because they were on other people's wish lists - I had heard it and thought it was cool!
2) a few items were there because I just wanted to have a list
3) very few items were there because they resonated with me...

1) and 2) were scratch off the list! They were never mine to start of with!!!

3) were looked at very carefully...  and I wanted to find the common denominator in them...  what did these items had in common? and why?

This made me realize that all the remaining items were meant to help others... and they were the "ways" I knew I could help others... not necessarily what was achievable for myself!

I started with this huge desire to help others.. and looked at what I like to do:

write
meditate
yoga
walk
bike

The first thing that resonated with me was yoga!  So I tried being a yoga teacher... this was not my real thing!!  I love yoga... but not as a teacher!

Therefore I started this blog a little over 2 years ago... in the hope of having readers I could potentially help... and I started very small... with very few hits!!! and even wanted to give up on a few occasions because I had not enough hit to my satisfaction!
But the people reading my blog kept sending me positive feedback... and I continued, slowly but surely, to get more hits!!!  So I decided to keep doing it!!! Plus I love writing... it makes me feel good! So at one point I decided that, even if it was just for myself, I was learning from the experience... and it was not a waste!

It turns out that I am not the only one thinking that!  Sarah Kathleen Peck wrote a nice blog about writing.  Very inspiring!

From this blog, my desire to write grew stronger, so I started writing more often... and even decided to give it a try with a book...
I think this book may help a few people dealing with difficult times in their own life...  I am sharing with them how I dealt with my own difficult times - giving tips and hint at how to get better! Surely trying to give hope!

I do not know where this will bring my next...  but it is right where I want because I am doing something I love! It is amazing how when you do something you truly like and for the good reasons, things turn out well in the end...  I am nowhere near the end, at least I hope, but things are turning out well....

I realized that all the things I like support each other...  I like to do yoga and bike because I spend lots of time sitting down and writing so it feels good with my body.  I like to walk and meditate because it slows me down and also give me ideas for what to write next...
I like to write because it helps others...  or it feels like it!

Last week end, I was at Chapters and I came across this same question again: "what would you do if you knew you could not fail?" and the answer was automatically: write a book - only to realize that I had just done that!  It made me smile... 

I kept thinking about it on Saturday and Sunday... to see if there was not anything else.... and I could not find... I am doing what I want...  I am really happy! And I seriously think that doing something you love puts more chance on your side of succeeding - only because since you love it you will not stop until you do!!!

There is no secret!!!  Find what you truly love... what vibrates with all of your being.. and just DO IT!!!!  over and over again!!! and you will NOT fail!!!

What about you?  What would you do if you know you could not fail???
Please let me know...

love and peace,
nath
xox

4 comments:

  1. I love reading your blog! You inspire me a lot and make me think about myself. If I knew I could not fail at something, I guess I would sing or paint. When I was younger, I used to go to art galleries and picture myself there, with my own paintings. Two weeks ago, I finished my last university class and I've been thinking about what I should do with this extra time. I started to exercise more, and wanted to join a choir, like the old times! Now, I'm thinking that I should start painting again. It's an activity that I really loved and it's relaxing. It also lets you "live" your emotions, very liberating. Yes, that's what I'll do :) Maybe I will join a choir in fall. Thank you for inspiring me, yet again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I surely do hope ou resume painting!!! and if you do, please take a picture of it and send it to me! I would like to post it on my blog... if you do not mind of course!

      Delete
  2. Your list, "write, meditate, yoga, bike, walk" could have been written by me - I also love those things! I discovered your blog not long ago and I find it truly inspirational. I can't wait to read your book (well, I'll have to wait until the ebook is out!) - your story and the way you've simplified your life is inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you... stay posted for the ebook... should be available any time now!

    ReplyDelete