Thursday, December 5, 2013

Exercise to find a better version of you


Hello lovely readers!

In this post, I would like to give you some piece of advice I wish I had got when I decided to turn my life around…  it would have help to find myself again to do this exercise…  To remember what was important to me before…  what my dreams were all about… before I graduated from university…  before I got into this big machine that is our society and forgot who I was… before I listened to people telling me what I should do, who I should be…  before I became a mature responsible uninteresting adult… Who was I before that?  Who were you before that???  I can’t answer for you, but I can give you an exercise to help yourself find that young innocent person and his/her dreams again… 

Steps to follow to do the exercise:

1)      Sit in your favorite room by yourself – no noise, no distractions

2)      Close your eyes

3)      Imagine a huge white screen in front of you

4)      Now imagine, someone is showing small pieces of your life on this screen, moments, events… it could be anything…  It will be like the movie of your life… when you did not know you were filmed.  Take it all in… good or bad…  you will see flashes from any and all points in your life… you will see people (still by you or gone), you will see emotions…  you will see your life in all it’s good and bad side…

5)      Once movie is over, keep your eyes close and let the emotions out…  all out… you may laugh, you may cry, you may be frustrated… let it all out

6)      Once done, open your eyes, still staying in the same quiet room, take a pen and paper and start writing… what comes to your mind.

7)      Once done, go back to those places where you were proud, happy, satisfied and analyze those… what were you doing, who was there… and this is the beginning to finding who you were before… this is finding what was making you happy, what was driving you, what was making you proud… it may have change in it’s finality but the essence is still there… find that essence and work from there to build yourself over… to reinvent yourself!!!

Now this exercise is not easy… and you may have to do it a few times… but it’s allows you to dig in… it makes you think about yourself… about what you value, what is important to you… about your essence... who you truly are...   

You will see things you’re not proud off… time to let it go…  You will see things you miss… time to find them back… you will see dreams… time to realise them!

Now go… do the exercise and reinvent yourself… become a better version of you!
 

love&peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1
http://www.pinterest.com/briseboisnathal/boards/
http://instagram.com/nbrisebois?ref=badge

No comments:

Post a Comment