Monday, December 28, 2015

1 month down... 11 to go... :-)



As I am writing this, I am on the last day of my first month of 367 days shopping ban...

Perhaps the most difficult one as it is believe that it takes 21 days to create a new habit... but mostly because it is the Holidays... a GREAT time of spending!!  Especially for me....  before!

I didn't keep you guys very up to date so far...  but my first month was...

SUCCESSFUL!!!!

And I am really happy and proud of myself for it!  I did not buy anything for me on the last month... and only 2 books as a Christmas gift for my husband... Bought nothing else... food... chai latte... some sushi... and a few restaurants with my husband over the Holidays... also a movie!  I even had a few people over for a lovely get together and it did not drain my budget! So, this is working out so far... because I am not buying stuff, I am actually able to afford experiences!!! Exactly the point of all this...

Now the impact on my finances might take a few months to show up... but at least I did not get further into debts...  which I ALWAYS did over that period in the past.

Now, more importantly, you might want to know how I managed?  And how I feel right now?

Well, it was, in fact, much easier then I expected...  and I loved the outcome...  it forced me to give some stuff away as Christmas gift instead of buying... I also invited people over without them bringing anything as it was my gift to them...  I gave them time, food and my presence...  It was lovely and I think it is safe to say they also loved it!

I did not make a special effort to stay away from the mall or anything...  I did not have to refrain myself that much or return any impulsive buys... I just simple did not feel like buying anything!!!  My worse nightmare as always books and clothes...  Well I used the library for books and I used my own wardrobe for clothes! I have plenty of clothes I love and want to wear so I just reminded myself that if I bought anything more, I would have to wear less what I already own! And it made sense... finally!

I spent time walking.... reading...  and writing...  keep my mind doing stuff I love!

I even tested myself by going to stores I love and looking at items on sale...  but I did not buy anything!  Didn't even try anything! I swear!!!

As for how I feel?  Great!  Amazing!  Like I am doing something good for myself, my family and the planet! I feel, honestly, like this might be it!  I may overcome this shopping addiction... this dependence on clothes... this dependence on how I look instead of who I am...  I may not look as good in clothes as I once did (as per some people's opinion but not my own...) but I feel much better about myself.... more confident of who I am and what I want...  I feel like what you see is what you get... I am not hiding or pretending to be someone I am not by dressing according to what people expect instead of how I feel... The image/impression you have of me is exactly who I am... no surprise!  What you see is what you get.

I am also thinking that this way, because I look like I feel...  because I portrait who I am... I will attract in my life people who have the same vibration as I do... or people who care for the energy I send out... and those people are becoming my tribe and my family...

I use to shop to feel like I fit in... like I belonged to some group...  but always felt left out...  the odd ball in the game...

I stopped shopping and wonderful things started happening... my surrounding changed... and I met awesome people... and I now feel like I belong... like I am loved and appreciated for who I am... not because my net worth in clothes on my body today is over 500$...  My worth is no longer in $ of clothes on my body but rather in smiles and hugs I get and give away....

This shift happen... slowly over time (since I started my minimalist journey) but I can see it happening faster over the last month... and even though I sometimes still "miss" my old friends, I know I never really belonged with them as I was trying to be and/or portrait someone I was not... and never really wanted to be...

I am confident that this year will be a breeze... and I will do this 367 days shopping ban and succeed...

I will grow during this year...

And I am looking forward to it... it no longer scare or worry me!

Be who you are... DREAM your life... LIVE your dream...
namaste
love&peace,
chloe
xox
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
https://www.pinterest.com/briseboisnathal/ 


No comments:

Post a Comment