Monday, December 23, 2013

Quinoa granola recipe

Hello dear readers!

I usually do not post on Mondays....  but yesterday I've put a picture of the quinoa granola I  had just made and I had several people asking me for the precise recipe...  because I did not want to enter the recipe on every single social media, I assumed it would be easier to put it here and refer to it!!!

So here it is...  I must say that I absolutely do not remember who I got this recipe from...  and I do not want to take credit for it...  but who ever came up with it, it you're reading this, please leave a note so that I can properly refer back to your site or blog... 

I also want to add that when it comes out of the oven, the granola has a weird color and do not look very appetizing... probably because of the buckwheat and cinnamon... it looks brownish... but it taste AMAZING!!!  And it is VERY nutritious... 

Ingredients:

1 cup rolled oat
1 cup buckwheat
1/3 cup quinoa (uncooked)
2 tbsp. chia seeds (I used black)
3/4 cup almonds chopped
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 cup pecans chopped (original recipe calls for walnuts but I eat them in oatmeal every morning!)
1/4 cup coconut flakes (I used unsweetened)
2 tsp cinnamon
1/3 cup cranberries
1/3 cup raisins
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil melted

Instructions

Mix all ingredients
Spread on baking sheet
Bake 60 min at 225F
Cool
Break
Enjoy!

it is that simple....  I must say that you can probably switch most ingredients!  Seems to me like chopped apricots or dates would also be amazing in that recipe...

Hope you'll enjoy it!

love&peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment