Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Sweet pita chips

At lunch time today I felt like having desert... but I had nothing made already... no cookies... no muffins... no banana bread.... all of these, I almost always have in stock...  worst case scenario frozen...  but cookies are not long to thaw! Because it was way to close to meal time, I didn't even had time to bake something....  so I got creative....

I had left over pita bread... it was a bit dry because it was old.... and usually it ends up in pita chips...  with salt and herbs or spices...  but today I decided to try and do a sweet version of the pita chips who could be used as a healthy desert! OK... not as healthy as fruits... but better than store bought cookies... :-) 

I have cut up the pita in triangle and open them up... I spread vegan margarine over each one of them... then sprinkled generous amount of brown sugar...  I also could have sprinkled some cinnamon but they were already in the oven by the time I thought about it...  I then put them on a baking sheet in the oven at 350F for 15 minutes!

Here they are, before the oven:

 
And here they are after the 15 min in the oven.... still warm and ready to eat!!!! 


  
It was AMAZING!!!!  just crunchy enough.... and warm... and sweet.... and fatty...  the perfect mix!!!!

I also kept a few to try out cold later on during the day... and it was just as great!!! No longer warm but crispier...  and it even tasted more sweet....

Long story short, at this time they are all gone... and I am keeping busy to make sure I do not go back to my kitchen to turn all the let over pitas into this amazing desert!!!

love&peace,
nath
xox

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786

No comments:

Post a Comment