Thursday, August 11, 2016

Wedding anniversary

My husband and I 12 years ago

My husband and I 2 weeks ago

I think I am pretty lucky to have met my soul mate... and have had the chance to marry my best friend!!! And what is even more awesome is that it's the same guy!!!

On Aug 14th, 12 years ago I married who I knew at the time was the love of my life...

I am not going to lie... it has not always been easy...  the 12 first years of our marriage include having to deal with a recompose family...  a physical sickness, a mental illness, job losses (yes more then one), a major move to another province and severe financial problems including bankruptcy...

Then we look deeply within, both went, separately, to find help and started reading on self healing and personal development... we discovered yoga, meditation and Reiki... while sharing, and sometimes arguing, about what we discovered, we were committed to make this work because we loved each other more deeply then anything you could send our way!

Our rule #1 was to never go to bed upset... so sometimes we did ended up talking things through most of the night but it always worked out!

And that's it.... 1 rule... lots of love and respect for each other...  and lots of sharing.... discussing and listening... Marriage is hard work... but so well worth it when love is involved!

Now, as I look back, I know we had our share of hard times - you can't be 12 years with someone and not fight... that would be a lie! But, what remains vivid in my head and in my heart, are all the lovely memories we have and the awesome life we created for ourselves!

My husband is my BEST friend and he knows it...
I tell him everything....
He is, along with my son, my priority #1!!! (I know this sounds old fashion, but I truly believe that for a couple to withstand the test of time, you NEED to be first priority to each other)

We took a 180 degrees turn together...
We came out of darkness...
We got to become better people...
We are stronger now then ever before...

And happier now then we even thought would be possible...

I love him to the moon and back...
To many, many, many more years with the love of my life, my soul mate and my best friend...
Happy anniversary to us!

Be who you are... DREAM your life... LIVE your dream...
namaste
love&peace,
chloe
xox


No comments:

Post a Comment