Monday, November 16, 2015

And yet, another year as passed by...



As you may know already, I like to reflect upon my life when my birthday comes by...not on New Year's day or around that time... to me, the years are marked more by the time I was born then anything else... It is more significant to me.

It makes birthday not as easy and perhaps I should stop doing that...  I had said to myself, that this year, I would not do it...  but it started happening again this year over the week end. I couldn't help it...

I will soon be 43!  And I really have no problem with that...  I am at a place in my life that I enjoy...  I have a loving husband and a wonderful teenage son.  I can work less hour doing something I love...  I have sufficient time to do the things I love like reading, cooking, baking, walking and enjoying tea with friends... I have plans for short and mid-term... I am almost done with debt...

I am becoming more and more who I wanted to be... although, I will never be a psychologist, like I would have wanted to, I am becoming more at peace with that and I am trying to see that even without the degree in itself, people do come to me to talk things through - like they always did!  I may not get the pay that comes with it, but the rewards of helping others is still there... and worth more then then money that could come out of it.

I am happy to say that 12 years after being diagnoses and just about 18 years after my first symptoms, I still have vibrant health...  Becoming vegetarian, then vegan was the best thing I ever did for myself...  Jumping on the minimalist wagon was the next best thing I did.... and as years passes by, I do not regret those decisions... and I am becoming more and more convinced that these are the best ways to live a healthy life...  for myself, others and the planet. In doing so, I live a more compassionate life then I ever did...

I have become more assertive of those values of mine...  as well as being a pacifist and environmentalist...  I have had my share of ups and down about being able to "change the world" but I think that in a way, as long as with all of you guys, we are changing it.  Slowly... but surely... I also discovered that I cannot be quiet about those things... and I cannot change my mind...  Being a minimalist and vegan are the healthiest way to live...  I wish everyone was... and then we would probably have peace on heart and a wonderful planet to live on...  If I could, with a snap of my fingers change it all, I would.  But I have come to realize that it doesn't happen like that.... I can try and talk about it and plant seeds in people's head but I cannot make that seed grow... it is up to each and everyone of them to do so.  However, what I can do is keep on planting more seed.... and leading by example...  Gandhi said "be the change" and I will keep on doing just that.

Time will take care of the rest...

Of course, going against mainstream comes with a price... but I do realize now that the rewards are so much more then the price to pay...  it is all worth it!  I can sleep better and look at myself in the mirror without being ashamed of who I am - as I am the best version of myself I could ever be... and day after day, I try and work on it...

Over the past year, I have lived a very simple life - simpler then ever before...  I read a lot...  met amazing people... traveled a little to discover my new part of the country...  Perhaps I did not do as much yoga as I wish I could have done...  I will work on that this year.  Also, I probably spend, still, too much time on social media and not enough in nature...  I will also try and address that this year...

All in all, it was a good year...
This year, I want to do more yoga and less social media...  I also want to learn to spend more time in nature... These objective will help with mid-term goal.

I am looking forward to the next 3 years as I see my son mature and become a young adult...  He has amazing plans that I am helping him on... He is turning into an great guy... and I am so very proud of him!

I am also looking forward to a few years after that as our retirement plans are awesome and I can't wait to do them. (Yes, as you can add up the years, I am planning to retire a few months before I turn 46!)

And yet, enjoying more and more here and now. I now feel free to have good and bad days... I feel free to be quiet...  I feel free to not get back to everyone right away.... I feel free to do things that I like/love and not the other stuff... I feel free to cry when I feel like it.... smile when I want to... and laugh as loud as I feel like!

As my life becomes more and more enjoyable, I have an easier time to be here and now.  I am not trying to run away of make up for things I don't like in my life...  because I have cleaned those up...

In retrospect, being 42 was good!  And I am expecting 43 to be even better...  and I know it will be because I am the one to choose how my year will go.... no one else can do it for me!

Be who you are... DREAM your life... LIVE your dream...
namaste
love&peace,
chloe
xox
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786










No comments:

Post a Comment