Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Coconut chai


As you may know, this is my chai mug....  which means, this is about a chai....

 I am on a quest to find the best/perfect homemade chai latte...  starting from spices.... adding black tea, water, sugar or not and milk...

I had previously share a chai recipe here... I like it... it just spicy enough... and sweet enough.... and not to watery... I like the addition of turmeric to it... However, compared to what I tasted in a coffee shop in Montreal called Resonance, it is nothing!!!

I found a chai recipe on Pinterest....  it goes like that:

10 whole cloves
1 tsp black peppercorn
2 cinnamon stick
8 green cardamom pods
1 inch fresh ginger sliced and peeled
2 black tea bags
3 cups water

put all ingredients in a pan and bring to a boil.  remove from heat and let steep for 7 minutes

bring back to heat and add one cup coconut milk and 2 tbsp. brown sugar
heat for one minute. strain and drink!

Now this calls for SoDelicious coconut milk... which I could not find close to my house and I did not feel like going all the way downtown today...  so I used some random coconut milk from a can that I use to cook...  no sugar or anything added to it... really is just coconut and water.

I definitely know this is not the perfect chai... not to me anyway.... but you might love it!  Try it!

I find that the coconut milk makes it to "fat"... perhaps it's the kind of milk I use so I will definitely get some proper coconut milk this week end and try it again... 

So if you want just try it.... and let me know what you think...

If you do have a homemade chai recipe that does not use some premade full of sugar mix please share it with me... who know?  it might be exactly what I am looking for!!!

love&peace,
nath
xox

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786

No comments:

Post a Comment