Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Being a minimalist forces creativity!

Being a minimalist, having decided not to buy anything non-essential in 2014 AND loving clothes forces me to be creative....  I have clothes I love... in general...  but a few pieces can be improved... or turned into something that represents me more...

Last week end, I decided to go into my spring wardrobe and check what may need a few changes...  I came across those 2 t-shirts, that even thus, perfect in color are to ordinary for me to really like them!!!  I love to wear them with my harem pants and quite frankly, harem pants deserve more than just an ordinary t-shirt!

Here's the before picture: (yes, only one in the before picture because I had already started working on the other one when I thought of taking the picture...

Very simple....  now what did I do with it? I cut off the sleeves... inside where they were sowned... so that over time, it will roll up a little... this is the advantage to cotton...  no need to hem when you cut!

I have also cut open the neck line and the bottom hemming... so that too will roll over time...

Here's what I mean by "cut open"
Then I have washed and let dry both pieces...  and here's what they now look like...
With a close up view of the details of what was worked on...



Now this took me all in all, aside from the washing and drying in which I have very little to do...  a huge 20 minutes... and 0$...  and I have 2 "new" tops to wear when spring comes... 

If you surf the net, you can find many more numerous use you can do with a t-shirt that you no longer like as is... but I like to use my imagination...  it's easier... cheaper... and actually resonate more with who you are then when someone tells you what to do...  like I just did... lol...  but you don't HAVE to do what I did... you can try something else... you can take off pieces or add some one...  dye...  paint...  color...  write... just let your imagination speaks...

and it will be good for you...  and for your wallet.... and you'll have a unique piece of item...

love&peace,
nath
xox

http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786

No comments:

Post a Comment