Friday, November 8, 2013

What are you running after?


What are you running after in life?  No, really???  What are you really running after?  What are most of us running after?  And don't tell me "nothing" or "happiness" because chances are I wont believe you unless you can prove it...
Of course we all want to be HAPPY...  but do we really know what HAPPY means? Do we realise that HAPPY may not actually be how we imagine it?  may not exactly be what we are lead to believe HAPPY is...are we really running after TRUE PURE happiness or the preconceived idea we have been told happiness is???

so if one do not know what HAPPY means to him/her, how can they be chasing it???  How can they run after it if they do not know where to find it?

I truly believe that most of us are running after wealth... most of our lives... and sadly all our lives for some of us...  why?  because we were told has kids that once you have a good education, you'll have a good job... with a good salary... and benefits...  and pension plan... and vacation time...  all this would allow us to get a great house... and a car.... and a vacation per year... or 2 eventually... and we would be able to have good medical treatments because of the insurance...  and maybe even some time off... and then retire early enough to enjoy life!  Meaning doing the stuff we love doing!

What if all this was all wrong???  What if the good job you get from your good education actually makes you sick because you hate it?  or it stresses you out? Of course you can have great medical treatment and time off...  but what if it messes you up real good?  What if when you retire, you are so worn off you can't enjoy retirement? What if you feel like you don't belong? What if you feel empty?  What if this good job is sucking the life out of you slowly???  What do you do then?  Assuming you realise it before it is too late.... What if you could enjoy doing what you love before it is retirement time? What if there was another way???

What if there was more to life than a good job?  What if what you truly love doing is not consider a good job?  what if it is not paid enough according to society standard???  What do you do then?  How do you handle this???  Can you slowly reverse the course of your life? If so, how do you go about doing this? 

Many questions....  I guess this post is more about questions than answers....  I do have some of them... at least for me...  but I do not want to hand feed them to you... I want you to take this seriously... and figure things out for yourself.... 

If you forget about money, material possession that you are suppose to have, about social standing, about friends and family.... just for a little while.... 

What would make you really happy?
What would you do with your life?
Would you stay put or make changes?
How are you going to handle this?
What steps need to be taken for YOUR life to happen?
Will you give it a try???
What have you got to loose?

I can't remember who said that but a woman I know once told me :"the best advice my dad gave me was find something you love to do and then figure out how to make enough money out of it to earn a living".  This was the best advice EVER!!!

I have been having those very same questions, that I just asked you, in my head for months... if not years....  I am moving slowly....  of course when you get to a certain age and you have a spouse and a kid, you can't turn around in a second... you need to consider your loved ones....  but it doesn't mean you can't do it!!!  It might just take longer...

This is it for tonight... I hope I have messed up your head...  :-) You'll get over it.. and will have learn something from it...  ;-)

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!! And forward this post to people who may be interested!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love&peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1
http://www.pinterest.com/briseboisnathal/boards/
http://instagram.com/nbrisebois?ref=badge 

No comments:

Post a Comment