Wednesday, September 11, 2013

What did I learn from 9/11?

Mosaiculture internationales 2013 - Jardin Botanique de Montreal
At the time of writing those lines, I realize that when you will see them, it will be 9/11...

So pretty much anything I write about will seem irrelevant compare to such a tragedy...

What ever changes I made to my life.... what ever changes you're making to yours...  It is relevant to me and you... but in all comparison so small to what happen 12 years ago...  So I guess I was "speechless" for a while...

Then I thought about writing about that day... but this has been overdone over the years.... what else could I say...

I also realized that everywhere we will see things relating to this horrible day...  telling us not to forget...  reminding us that people loss their lives in this tragedy... 

I will not forget....  how could I???  How could anyone???

Never mind where it happened... such a tragedy is unforgettable... just like many others in the world... that happened before 9/11.... and after.... and will in the future...  because I do not think that as a community we learned anything from that... maybe individually you did... but as a group not really... nothing really changed after that day...  they cleaned up, reconstructed the city and moved on... and so did the rest of the world... just like it happens in many part of this planet on many occasions...  and this is the sad part... that WE did not learn anything from THAT!

As human, we have this wonderful capacity to adapt and move on... and this is what has kept us going for thousands of years...  and this what has kept any living species going for so long.... 

We can't attach ourselves to the past...  we NEED to move on.... not forget...  these are 2 different things...  Moving on means that despite the fact that we do not forget we can still carry on with our lives...

I am not trying to minimize what happen... it was horrible.... so many innocent people were killed...  directly or indirectly because of that tragedy...  I do not wish to name all of them as I would be afraid to miss any...  and so many more were affected because they lost a loved one...  forever...

What I am trying to say is that,that event should have teach you something... as an individual...

I know what it taught me... and it was at a very precise point in my life (my son had just turned 1) so it had a real impact... one that you cannot forget... It taught me that life is short... sometimes to short... and the end sometimes unexpected... unpredictable... and sometimes you don't get to say good bye.... or make up...

So from this day, I have really tried to live this day like it might be the last one...  I know it sounds "cliché" but I am...  it is not always possible or easy... but I really do try...
I never go to bed upset at my son or my husband... we always kiss and make up before...
I never leave the house or let them leave the house upset at one another or at me...  because if something was to happen the one remaining would feel awful...

I am trying to be conscious... and grateful for small life pleasures...  a butterfly flying by... a bird singing... a smile... a rain fall...  because all that can go away quickly in case of a tragedy...

So this was my lesson from this tragic event... why this one?  Because it was at the right time of my life... and it was really close (physically) to me...  so it perhaps made me think even more than all the other tragedies happening on this planet daily... 

Did you learn anything from 9/11 or any tragedy that happened close to where you live?

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

No comments:

Post a Comment