Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Minimalist number of possession = maximum quality of life

picture taken during one of my lunch time walk
This is not new to you.... I am a minimalist... amongst other things! lol

I have explained in great depth what minimalism is and is not...  and I may have to do it again more than once... and that's OK!  But not today.... today I wish to tell you what it gave me...  and I really am just starting to see the fruits of that seed...  to understand how profoundly it affected my life... and I am pretty sure I will have more surprise as I go along that path!  Because minimalism is not a destination but a journey...
I will not tell you what I supposedly "lost" by owning less... because quite frankly I am not sure I lost anything... even thus some people seem to think so... even thuis I thought so too for a while...

I have gained:

TIME - precious time... we're always running after it right? seems like something we never have enough of?  Well I now have plenty...  By choosing to be a minimalist, I need less $ to go about with my life.... of course I still need to put a roof on my head, buy groceries and I cannot walk around naked - therefore I need to get clothes...  but I "need" much less of all those things than I use to... Therefore I do not need to have a crazy, demanding job that takes up to 12h of my days... I have enough of a regular job...  I have also gained time by not having to clean so much...  of course my place is clean...  but I do not have so much furniture... clothes...  floor or countertop surface... objects... book...  you name it...  to clean, dust, vacuum all the time... and by not needing so much stuff I also have to spent less time shopping for it... so more time for ME!

HEALTH -  I stress much less... about what I have to do...  in the little time I have left...  because I do not have much to do.... and I have plenty of time... I also eat better....  minimalism has also affected the way I eat...  I eat simple things...  mostly as nature intended...  with less process or junk food...  I cook more from home but simple no time demanding things...  I became vegan slowly... and fruits/veggies/nuts and seeds/ legumes and whole grain are easy to put together for a healthy meal in no time! By being less stress and eating better, I also sleep better! And I have managed my MS!!!

FRIENDS - I have met amazing people on my path... that have similar lives... shared interest and great minds!  People who do not expect so much... and are just happy and grateful for life as it is!

NEW PERSPECTIVE ON THING  - I more easily see the glass as half full rather than half empty... I appreciate what I have...  what I do.. for what it is...  I learned to be grateful for the small things in life...  like a butterfly flying by... a bird coming close to me...  the leaves changing color in the trees... a rainfall.... a snowfall...  a sunrise... a sunset...  colored clouds... dark clouds.... white clouds... a stranger smiling at me... a quiet day.. a busy day...  I have kind of learn that everything changes... nothing is permanent...  and either good or bad... this too shall pass... so why worry?

I think that my quality of life is much better this way... I do not feel like I am always running after something...  or missing something...  So in the end, I have less material possessions... but so much more of everything else...

what about you?  are you a minimalist?  thinking of becoming one? just starting or have been at it for a while?

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

No comments:

Post a Comment