Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Wedding anniversary

Picture of a picture frame from our Wedding
9 years ago my lovely husband and I got married... and at that point we were not in the best place in our lives but we did love each other very much...  I had just been diagnosed with MS ( 10 months earlier) and until that day I was afraid the love of my life may ran away.... scared of me being sick... had I know better, I would have understood that he would do all he could to get me out of this!   And he did!

Let me backtrack a little....  when we started seeing each other openly, lots and lots of people thought or told us that it would not last past 2 years....  past the honeymoon phase....  that it didn't make sense... we had too much different backgrounds...  we both had kids with someone else...  He was from the country... I was from the city....  He had no education... beside the school of life... and I had a bachelor degree in science... and no school of life!  He was an operator... I was management...  when I met Real, he actually was my employee....  :-) Actually, our differences, I believe, is what made it work... we complement each other so well...

And there we were, with all those differences and an MS diagnosis for me.... on our wedding day!!!  And looking happy... and we were REALLY happy!!! And we still are 9 years after that day...
And those wedding vows could not have be any truer...

For better and for worse ---  worse is checked! We in the better now!
In sickness and in health ---  checked
For richer for poorer ----  poorer is checked! Still waiting for richer! lol
Until death do us part.... 
Not that we've got married in any religion (it was a civil wedding - 25 people including us!) but religion aside I love these vows, they represent to me all that a marriage is... 

Since that day, we've had many more issues to deal with... we both had health issues, both had job loss to deal with, went bankrupt, adapted to a reconstituted family, we moved quite a few times....  all the things that are REALLY hard on a couple.... but we managed... and we stayed close... and we learned to love each other in good times and bad times...even more...  it was not easy... and we were not always that smiley... but we never doubt it was worth it... This kind of love is once in a lifetime!!!  And to this day, there is no one else I'd rather be with as soon as I have free time...  we do everything together...  he's my husband, partner, best friend, lover, accomplice and "partner in crime"...  we can chat for hours... or just stay silently side by side... we love almost all the same things... and learned to love our differences...

To 60 more years of love and happiness.....

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

5 comments: