Monday, August 5, 2013

How is it ever over? Decluttering...

my next living/bedroom

in October, as mentioned in this post I thought I was done decluttering...  but is it really possible.... here we are a little over 6 months later and I decluttered some more.... still

and in a July's post, I even shared with you pictures of my minimalist home.... you can check this post here ...

however, checking out pictures of my own home... seen in a different eye made me realise that I am not yet where I wish I want to be... but it also made me realise that I am far from where I was....

I use to have a home so loaded with stuff... that when we sold the house to go into a 5 1/2 apartment we sold and/or gave roughly half of all out stuff... if not more!  I cannot show you pictures of that home because they are not "digital" and I do not have a scanner....  plus they are somewhere in a box... which makes me realise that I still have to declutter some pictures... I did... but I think I still kept to much!  but I digress...

Now looking at the pictures back in July, I realised that my apartment is still quite big... and my husband and I want to make more changes... eventually... of course, there are not just 2 of us... my son lives with us every other week and we have to adapt and respect him and his desired lifestyle too... we have to come up with an acceptable compromise! And our lease is not up for another year so it gives us time to figure out what we exactly want!  We are tired of moving.. we lived in 5 different places since we're together, this adds up to 6 moves in 11 years! (with the initial move in together), so we want to look for the proper place for us to live and since we now know what we want it will make it easier...

Having me take the pictures had me and my husband talk... and discuss.. and come up with criteria for our next place...

Our criteria would be:

1) even deeper in the city
2) One bedroom - for my son - a big one.. so he can sleep, work, play the guitar, watch TV and play video games -  the sleeping area would be, somehow, kept apart...  there would be a division so that sleep time is sleep time! Kind of his own bachelor pad but without the kitchen! 
3) would love to have stacked washer and dryer in a closet - not visible
4) nice kitchen because I spend so much time there
5) living room would be our space (check out the picture above - that would be similar to what we want...) - no TV, huge wall unit hiding bed, closet, laptop area...  There would be one love seat for both of us...  my electric keyboard and space to meditate and do yoga... perhaps we would keep the rocking chair...  but most of our furniture would go...
6) a huge outside terrasse...  that would be kind of extra space during the nicer months to read, meditate, do yoga and have some plants...

So this is it!  This is what we really want....
And if you starting to "get" me... you do realise that there will be one more move... once my son becomes truly independent and lives on his own...  and there would be no more closed bedroom... 
Then we would save lots of $$$... and space.... and electricity... but we're talking years... 

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1


No comments:

Post a Comment