Friday, June 14, 2013

The present moment and yoga - update 5 days later



At the beginning of the week, I mentioned that I wanted to learn to be more in the present moment...  I even challenge myself to work really hard at it for the next 7 weeks (until my August vacation).

I want to do this to be more quiet... more at peace...  not worry so much... to find stillness.  I have improved the "not stressing" a LOT between now and when I started my yoga practice...   but I am not where I would like to be yet... 

Since Monday, I have been observing myself...  when I am here and when am I elsewhere?  What prompts me going elsewhere?  What brings me back?  What keeps me in the now most of the times?

What keeps me in the now:

Spending time with my son
Spending time with my husband - most of the time (althus we sometimes both have a tendency to go in the future so we need to remind ourselves.... but we're both working on it so it makes it easier)
Giving a training - I am really passionate about it
Writing
Walking - I like to look around, smell the air a lot.... keeps me present...
Cooking
Talking/Reading about nutrition
Talking/Reading about yoga

When am I prone to leave now and go in the past or the future:

In the bus
When engaged in a discussion I am not passionate about
On my yoga mat!  (Interesting)
When I am bored
Taking a shower

What brings me back:

Concentrating on my breathing - so when I have been going away in the last few days and I realise I am no longer here and now, I go back to by breathing...  going back to my breathing makes me turning in...  so I can't escape!!!  I usually take a few deep breath and I am back here and now!!!

So as a result, I am not so much in the past or future...  not as much as I thought I was!  I was pleasantly surprised by that!

I have to work mostly on the situation that are more difficult for me....  of course I could start reading in the bus but that would defeat the purpose...  I could keep busy all the time but that to would be kind of cheating.... to me at least! And don't even think about me skipping the shower!!!  My goal is to be here and now in ANY situations...  to find stillness...  even when it is more difficult!!!

So this is what I will be working on for the next week and I will update you as I go along...

I am always happy to hear from you... do not hesitate to contact me!!!

Don't forget to check out my Facebook page.... or personal profile... connect with me on twitter or google +...

love and peace,
nath
xox
www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1

No comments:

Post a Comment