Monday, March 25, 2013

This and that...



As I start writing this post, I have no particular idea or frame of mind....  I honestly do not know where this is gone lead me...

I had a wonderful week end....  It started by doing my income tax... yes, one of the first sign of spring here in Montreal, well before we get to see this nice image above, is income tax...  It has to be done!  So I like to get it over with ASAP and usually by this time they are already completed but I am having a busy year so I did not get to it until Friday!!!  But now that it was done, I was able to have a lovely week end with my husband....

I started cleaning out my wardrobe for spring... and ended up giving away 6 more pieces.. either stuff I no longer wear , no longer want, are not really me or do not fit my style anymore...

On Saturday we went to meet my best friend at Starbucks and got to meet her newly acquired chihuahua Rosie.  She is adorable... quiet and sooooooooooo tiny!!! On that picture she was really getting tired...



We then spent most of Saturday on the Plateau... like we've been doing a couple of times a month for almost a year now but now that winter is over and the weather is warming up it felt different.... people were different... they were not walking as fast...  they suddenly had necks...  their head was emerging from right atop their shoulder!  This is a time of year I really enjoy...it's like you're born again!  You get a chance to see trees budding, flower blooming, you can hear the water from the snow melting...  the smell of mud and melting snow is unique...  it comes right before the smell of flower blooming in a few weeks!  You can also hear more and more birds singing!  I even saw a flock of duck flying back!!!  I love spring!!!

My husband and I also had many discussion about "Life Happens".  As time goes by, I have more and more people reading it an giving me feedback...  And I really enjoy every feedback I get...  and I like to discuss it with my husband.  With this however comes decisions that need to be taken...  and since my husband is in this with me, we take decisions together...

There are many fantastic things happening with this book...and I can't tell you everything yet.. but...

 I do have a few well known people that accepted to read my book and give me their comments!  I was really touched by that.

I have people that are no longer in my life but were important to me for many years that actually bought and read the book and told me about it!  That to me is really precious!!!

I am sending out, this week, copies of my book to NYRB and BlueInk for their critics...  my first official critics!  Even thus what my reader think really is what matters to me most, the visibility that NYRB and BlueInk can give me is appreciated.

I was asked, and decided to do it, to have a bilingual Facebook page... so as of yesterday, all my new entries will be both in French and English.  I will also have a post on this blog every Thursday in French... 

All this is going really fast... And I am thrilled about it! I got into this without really thinking it thru!  I wanted to share my experience and be able to help others... looks like it is working out!  I am really really grateful for it!

After all this walking and discussing on Saturday we ended up at Aux Vivres my favorite vegan restaurant in Montreal.  I love that place!  Food is excellent!!!  And I do not have to worry about ingredients... My husband and I like to share... we get 2 different kinds of sandwiches and we split...  We also had some Rise kombucha!  Yummy!!!!

Sunday is groceries...  as we do not have a car and need to go to 2-3 different places it takes us almost the whole day every other Sundays... but that is OK... we enjoy it! I am so blessed to be able to feed my family delicious, healthy food I am not going to complain about the time it takes to gather it!  And in between every other Sundays I get fresh fruits and veggies at a small store at the corner of my street...  On Sundays, I also made some green juice... amazing the boost of energy it gives you!!!  I love green juice and I stopped making it for too long... I have to make a new habit out of it!!!





So this is it.. a piece of my life..  you got to share some of my week end...  a typical one!

What was your week end like?

love and peace,
nath
xox

www.thissavvylife.blogspot.com
http://www.nathaliebrisebois.com/
http://www.facebook.com/#!/profile.php?id=734016786
http://www.facebook.com/FanofLifeHappens
https://twitter.com/NathalieBriseb1


No comments:

Post a Comment