Wednesday, June 29, 2011

I am only human

I have a confession to make....  I have been shopping over the last week end....  I do not feel guilty about it.... After 6 months of non shopping, it actually felt quite good!  I spent money for stuff I really like and that I will wear for years to come!  I could argue that it was essential and none of you would actually know as you do not know the content of my wardrobe and what I have been buying!  Truth is, it was not essential...  I have enough clothes!  But I REALLY wanted it... and it felt GREAT!!!  I have still manage to save 70% since everything I bought was on sale and had an extra discount on the last marked price!
Now, I could consider that I failed.... but I don't!  Yes I said I was not gona buy stuff... and I did manage to do it for 6 months!  For a former shopaholic, I consider this to be a considerable achievement!  Even my husband was impressed how long I manage to do this!  (I must also say that he still has not buy non essential stuff!  He is great!!!!)  This incident does not mean that I am going back to my old habit... I have no desire to do so.... and I will continue the year as I  started... 6 more months should be quite managable!  The amount of money I spend is what I would spend on average per pay check before this January!  So it is stil a considerable improvement!  I am only human... I am not perfet!  Perfection does not exist....  I had a moment of weakness... and it is over with!

However, admitting what people can perceive as a mistake or an error or even failure is not easy... And I long debated how to write about this in my own head... but I figured that just doing like I did in the other posts would be ok... I just said it!  No fuss or no trying to find reasons  or excuse myself... Here's what I did...  wether it was OK or not... who I am to judge...  it is just waht happen.... and I did not arm anyone... And it made me feel great!!!  It felt like Christmas!   Unlike when I was doing this every single pay check and not get satisfaction out of it...

Take care...
And do not hesitate to comment on what you think about that!!!
peace,
nath
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment