Monday, January 24, 2011

The mall

This Sunday, I had to go to the Apple store.. I had been postponing this moment but my son got an iPod for X-mas and he needed a charger so that I did not have to keep my computer open all the time...  and bring it everywhere...  I am not that attached to my computer...

So 23 days not buying anything... for a shopaholic of my type, this is huge!!! And I was going to the mall... I was afraid I would give in...  but I reassure you, I did not...

To start of, we went to Renaud-Bray, then Apple store and then we decided to shop around and we ended up entering ALL our favorite stores...  and not buying anything... even thus I had a gift certificate on hands...
When I left I was pretty much exausted... and I felt deprive of the right to buy something... but when I got home 15 minutes later, I actually felt pretty good and realized that there was nothing that I really wanted....  or could not do without...

So only 24 days down the line but I already feel like this experiment is going to change me forever....  Plus all this time not shopping, trust me, it is actually more per week then some people do in a season, has opened my horizon... I am knitting, reading, cooking, coming up with sewing ideas, and I even finished a collage that I have been wanting to finish for months.... I even framed it and place it in my leaving room... I am also spending more time on my yoga... 

This is very stimulating and my creativity, which I always had but was asleep for years, is all coming back to me.... and I feel alive and full of project!!! And I see thing differently...        

1 comment: